Tuesday, May 15

Possible New Heroes to join for Avengers 2

Avengers 2 has been confirmed and so has new heroes. Joss Whedon has said there are too little women so we might get more girls. But we don't know if Joss will be doing the sequel. Most likely he will because it would be mistake for that not to happen. Next up are Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 for 2013, Captain America 2 most likely for 2014 and an Ant Man movie. There is no word yet for a Hawkeye, Black Widow or Hulk movie. I don't think they should have any. Hulk movies don't work, the reason Hulk works here is because less of him is good and with an ensemble, he can shine more. Here are some of my 'dream casting' ideas, I put three actors as possible candidates I think fit the bill either visually or acting wise. Usually one will be a Joss-nite, an actor or actress frequently in Joss' works.

Ant Man
He will have his own movie, but no actors have been mentioned yet. The first Ant Man, Hank Pym got exposed to particles and could shrink. He is best known for beating his wife.
Potential Actors: Nathan Fillion, Phil Winchester, and Sean Maher
My reasons: Nathan Fillion is best known for 'Castle' and Joss Whedon's 'Firefly'/Serenity. Nathan Fillion's name has been going around by fans but I don't want him to be Ant Man, neither does my best friend Cyn who HATES Ant Man and doesn't think he should have a movie. Phil Winchester is a cutie, he is also a fan favorite. He is best known for 'Camelot', 'Crusoe', and Flyboys. Sean Maher is also from 'Firefly'/Serenity, I think he has  a brilliance in his eyes and also a quiet anger in him.

 Wasp
Wife of Ant Man, she was exposed to his Pym particles and sprouted wings. In the comics, she was the victim of domestic abuse by her husband. I am sure if Joss is in charge, she will be empowered.
Potential actresses: Morena Baccarin, Milla Jovovich and Elizabeth Moss
My reasons: Lots of fans already like Morena for the role. She is best known for the recent "V" remake and Joss' series "Firefly." Sure Milla has been in crappy superheronie movies like Resident Evil, Ultraviolet, Joan of Arc and Fifth Element, but I think under Whedon's 'wing,' she can be spectacular. Elizabeth Moss of "Mad Men" also packs a punch.

Ms. Marvel
One of my favorites. She was the source of the powers of Rogue from X-Men. Her powers were also connected to Captain Marvel. It might be hard to adapt her. She can fly and has super strength. I liked her in her first self-titled comic was that Carol Danvers wasn't even aware of her own super identity.
Potentials: Ali Latner, Meaghan Martin, and Elizabeth Banks
My reasons: Ali Latner would be a perfect choice in my eyes. She is best known for "Heroes." She can be both funny and serious. Meghan Martin because she's younger and also a Disney-nite, having done "Camp Rock 2" and "10 Things I hate about you" short-lived TV sitcom based on the movie. Elizabeth Banks ('30 Rock,' Hunter Games and 'Scrubs') can be funny and strong.

 Scarlet Witch
I've been wanting her because for me, she is one of those iconic images of the Avengers. She is the daughter of Magneto, the twin sister of Quicksilver, The Scarlet Witch is a mutant who had the ability to manipulate probability via her "hexes".
Potentials: Eliza Dushku, Indian Eisley, and Sarah Hyland
My reasons: Some fans have mentioned Eliza, even though I love her, I am not sure if she fits the bill but stranger things have happened. Eliza is a Whedonite doing Faith in both 'Angel' and 'Buffy' and also in 'Dollhouse' for Whedon. Indian Eisley is young if they choose to go young and best known for 'Secret Life of the American Teenager'. Sarah Hyland is best known for 'Modern Family' and Disney Channel's "Geek Charming." I would also vote for Mila Kunis ("That's 70's Show", "Family Guy") or Lea Michele ("Glee").

Quicksilver
I don't know much of him. He is the son of Magneto, the twin brother of the Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver is a mutant capable of moving and thinking at superhuman speeds.  Both Fox and Marvel own him and Scarlet Witch because they were both part of X-Men and the Avengers. If Fox choose to use them first, it is possible Marvel and Disney can't. It is a strange middle area.
Potentials: Cam Gigandet, Alexander Skarsgard, and James Marsters
My reasons: You don't have to be a blonde to be Quicksilver but it helps (plus all 3 of my choices have played vampires). Michael Fassbender could also be a choice but he was Magento in X-Men Origins: First Class. Cam Gigandet (Never Back Down, Twilight) is much more for youth and looks. Alexander Skarsgard and James Marsters may not look like it but they are a bit long in the tooth. All three are super hot. Alexander is a big deal in his home of Sweden, he plays Eric in 'True Blood'. James Marsters is a Whedonite, best known as Spike in 'Buffy' and 'Angel' and Brainaic in 'Smallville'.

Namor
Namor is the sea prince, Marvel's equivalent to Aquaman but more snarky and powerful. He is a stuck-up snob and also a badass fighter. He is another of my favorites.
Potentials: Adrien Brody, Jason Behr and Ed Westwick
My reasons: Adrien Brody hasn't done anything substantial since The Pianist and King Kong and recently he did the snore-bore Predators. He has this skinny lanky-ness of him and I am a sucker for big noses. Also, he is a good actor. Jason Behr is best known for 'Roswell' and recently was in 'Breakout Kings.' I think he'd be good at snarkness. Ed Westwick is king of snarkiness and stuck-up-ness, he is best known for 'Gossip Girl.'

The Vision
The robot Ultron is the creator of the Vision, a type of android he calls a "synthezoid", for use against Ultron's own creator, Dr. Henry Pym. he can fire beams of infrared and microwave radiation.
Potentials: Clark Gregg, Michael Duncan Clark, Benedict Cumberbatch
My Reasons: Clark Gregg played Phil Coulson who got killed in Avengers movie and appeared in Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and also in the animated "Ultimate Spider-Man." But rumors are that he can come back and be brought back as an android. Benedict Cumberbatch of BBC's Sherlock has been a fan favorite, my friend Doug might not agree.

Black Panther
The Black Panther's name predates the October 1966 founding of the Black Panther Party, The Black Panther is the ceremonial title given to the chief of the Panther Tribe of the advanced African nation of Wakanda. He eats a heart-shaped herb which grants him superhuman senses and increases his strength, speed, and agility to the peak of human development. In some versions, he has a resistance to magic.
Potentials: Robert Ri'chard, Lee Thompson Young, and Tristan Wilds
My Reasons: Robert Ri'chard is best known for 'Meet the Browns,' 'Cousin Skeeter' and Coach Carter. Lee Thompson Young is known for 'The Famous Jett Jackson,' 'Smallville' and 'Rizzoli & Isles.' Tristan Wilds is known for "90210."

She-Hulk
Her cousin Bruce Banner gave her blood through a transfusion after an accident and she became the She-Hulk. Jennifer was also part of the S.H.E.I.L.D. She also broke the fourth wall like Deadpool. Also, since we already have the Hulk, do we really want another? And Hollywood skimped on green women... remember the Star Trek remake movie in which Kirk's green woman was just an Earthling with makeup on?
Potentials: Eliza Dushku, Olivia Wilde, Abby Elliott
My Reasons: I think Eliza would be better for She-Hulk, that's why I have her here. Olivia Wilde is best known for Cowboys and Aliens, Tron Legacy and 'The O.C.' and Abby Elliott is from 'Saturday Night Live' and daughter of Chris Elliott, sure she is comedian but I wouldn't thought of Anne Hathaway for Catwoman. I also think She-Hulk needs a razor sharp wit and I think Abby has it.