Tuesday, February 14

Glee pays tribute Whitney Houston not on purpose

 
For the Valentine's Day Glee Episode, they decided for Amber Riley (Mercedes) to sing the Whitney Houston version of "I Will Always Love You" before she died. Amber Riley met her Thursday before she died. The sequence is just beautiful and has nothing to do with Whitney dying because it was planned and taped before her untimely death. It was just a coincidence. But they did add a card that said they loved Whitney Houston and has the dates at the end of the episode.
"I didn't need her to take a picture with me. I didn't need an autograph. The fact that she even acknowledged that I was standing there was enough for me.
I was very broken up [when I heard]. My dad actually called me and told me. He was like, 'Are you driving because I'll need you to pull over' because he knows how much I love Whitney Houston." - Amber Riley