Friday, January 28

My Little Pony first Allicorn?!

I have been hoping and praying for an Alicorn in My Little Pony. In the history of My Little Pony, there has only be 'Earth Ponies,' 'Pegasus' and 'Unicorns.' And that was it. Never anything else. Not even a Pegasus with a horn or a Unicorn with wings, which some call Alicorn. For 28 years of the franchise (1982), there has never been an Alicorn (except for a mistake Sunbow did to Baby Surprise for the 80's cartoon--she was a Pegasus and they accidentally put a horn). So to my surprise, there is one in the McDonalds Happy Meal, her name is princess Celestia.

A Princess Celestia toy, the prototype of which appeared in a business magazine in June of 2010, was released in December 2010. She also came in the package above with other little ponies.


It seems she is pretty much, a big deal as she is a 'princess' and has a crown.

Above she is white in a cartoon. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is a Canadian/American Flash animated series, which is currently airing on The Hub effective October 10, 2010

There also seems to be NightMare Moon, another alicorn, an evil one, I don't know if a toy came out yet.

This is her true form, Princess Luna.

Check out the FiM wiki