Tuesday, April 20

David Archuleta, a litlte mixed up

What day and age are we in that a young man has to explain what he is doing at a gay club. It is just a club, where people dance and sing and make out, just like any other club. When people found out David Archuleta, former American Idol contestant, went to a gay club. He had to defend it on his Twitter account. “Last night in New York I got invited to go and see my friend Charice perform. Mental note to self: always ask where before you go! Wasn’t my kind of place lol, and I had no clue! I guess you live and learn. The upside was that Charice was awesome, and she has an incredible voice.” I find it hilarious that he had to ask before it was a gay club, like as if it was a place to avoid. Plenty of male celebrities, including Justin Timberlake have gone to gay clubs without problems and still remaining their heterosexuality in tact. But of course, Archuleta is a mormon and young and apparently ignorant. He said 'Wasn't my kind of place.'

Now, he said the twitter comments by others were inappropriate. I agree, they were homophobic. I don't believe Archuleta is gay or closeted, I do believe he might be a bit ignorant to gay culture. And it is not his fault. It is because there isn't any proper education about LGBT people and everything is word of mouth and guesses.

Source:
JustJared Article