Wednesday, April 1

Reno 911 Season Six Cast Change

Everyone loves Reno 911!, it is a funny show but the plot has always played around and hasn't ever been linear. Season Six has two new cast members, who are part of The State and are no strangers to the show, they have made cameos before. The new cast members are Detective Sergeant Jack Declan (Ian Roberts of the Upright Citizens Brigade, who has gotten fatter) and Deputy Frank Rizzo (Joe Lo Truglio). For some reason, Clementine Johnson (Wendi McLendon-Covey), James Garcia (Carlos Alazraqui) and Deputy Kimball (Mary Birdsong) have not returned. On the premiere episode, Dangle claims 'some officers' died in a blaze or something, and that's it, no names mentioned or anything. There was one scene with Wiegel and Dangle are trying to figure out who they were--something about an Asian guy. No reason has been given to why the cast members have left the show, they are still on the website.

Wendi's myspace blog:
Monday, March 30, 2009

Since you asked....
Hi everyone!
Recently I've been asked the same questions over and over, so I thought I'd better just address the subject here so I don't have to keep writing individual messages about it. No, I'm not on Reno 911 anymore. No, I didn't leave on my own. No, I didn't see it coming. No, I wasn't the only one who was dismissed. No, it wasn't because we weren't doing a good job - in this business you don't necessarily get hired because you're good, and you don't necessarily get let go because you're bad.
Yes, I was on the set of THE OFFICE when I found out. Yes, I was disappointed at first, but as Sophia Loren used to say, "Don't cry over anything that won't cry over you." Five seasons and a movie was a good run, and I'm surprised that it lasted that long. I'm grateful to have been a part of the show but believe me, it was really time to move on and play other types of weird women - maybe someone who wears a turtleneck! We wrapped season 5 in April of 2007, so I've been away from the show for 2 years. It's a distant, bittersweet memory now.
So thanks to all of you for liking my character! Thanks for being so sweet to me.
xoxoxoxox, Wendi