Thursday, November 13

Surprise Night Court Reunion in 30 Rock

I wasn't that thrilled about Jennifer Aniston guest-starring on "30 Rock" because I am not much of a Rachel Green fan, but I was very surprised to find out that there was a "Night Court" reunion! I loved "Night Court" growing up and that theme song is so iconic. I was thrilled to find 3 of my favorite actors from that show: Harry Anderson, Markie Post, and Charles Robinson. Even though John Larroquette wasn't there, he was mentioned, that he was too busy.. I was kind of glad he wasn't there. The plot involved the page Kenneth wanting a decent series finale with Harry and Markie's characters marrying each other, all because he is bummed they are changing his work jacket. So Tracy helps make it work. I half expected fake actors playing them and Tracy saying he couldn't get the real actors. The jokes were so funny, especially Markie complaining that she didn't get an Emmy nomination. I think it is freaking awesome that Markie and Charles played husband and wife in There's Somehting About Mary---(oops! My bad! I've been told it was Keith David, another of my favorite African-American actors). The funniest Night Court-related joke was Kenneth freezing in moment like the ending of all of the Night Court episodes. And Aniston wasn't half bad either as a crazy old pal of Liz.