Tuesday, August 12

Definition of Controversy?

I want to know what constitutes as controversy. I know controversy is a dispute between people but I always thought controversy was a dispute over something people thought as bad. What I mean is that I related controversy with sin or something people related with sin, perversion or evil. The dictionary says, "Controversy is disagreement, typically when prolonged, public, and heated." Wikipedia says "Controversy occurs when parties actively disagree, argue about, or debate, a matter of opinion. Controversies can range in size from private disputes between two individuals to large-scale disagreements between societies." But now I see the word Controversy be thrown around over simple things like Transformers or Care Bears over what fans don't like. I think the word Controversy is becoming more open to more other disputes or grievances.