Tuesday, October 9

Knocked Up Movie DVD Review

When I review the movie Knocked Up in June, I consider it the best movie and now on DVD, I would still want more. It comes with funny deleted scenes (one below), line-o-rama (where the ab-libing lead to alternate lines that weren't used in the movie), and extended scenes within the movie that are actually forgetful. What I didn't notice the first time around in the theaters was that Judd Apatow's daughter Iris in cute outfits like Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Snow White, and Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz in an extended scene. Judd claims in the commentary that he dressed her like orphan Annie but I didn't notice it. What is funny that Judd left his friend's names the same in the movie but not his kids. Could his kids be smarter than his friends? They kept calling Seth his real name, forgetting his character's name was Ben.

Critics are complaining about the sub-par commentary that features for some reason, SNL's Bill Hader. I have no problem with Bill Hader but his impressions suck. His Al Pacino impression sounds like a black man and he does it endlessly. I like to hear what were the alternative lines and thoughts over stories, which they mention here and there but I enjoyed so much in the commentary of The 40-year-old Virgin. Not so much luck here. He admits you need to see him visually for some to work. Judd Apatow and Seth Rogen actually admit they aren't really being informative. Entertainment Weekly claims they applaud their own jokes but I don't think so. They are honest and modest people. Seth Rogen thinks he can't act but he can, he shows actual warmth in the movie. Watching the movie again, I feel this is Leslie Mann's launching point. One would think Judd chose this movie for his movie because it is sort of a chick flick but she totally goes for it and it is a raunchy movie. Against chick flick type, but totally frat brother type.

Here is a scene I edited together with Brokeback Mountain, it is not the scene completely and to hope it doesn't get taken off YouTube, I censored it. I totally agree with what Jonah Hill says. "What kind of country do we live in?!" Amen bro. The funny thing is that I took my dad to see the movie when it premiered and he told me afterwards that he was happy he didn't see a blowjob in the movie. LOL



Related Topic: Knocked Up Movie Review