Friday, July 20

Excitement over Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

You may already know that I review almost everything I see in the theaters or rent or buy, and tomorrow I will hopefully be receiving the seventh and final novel 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' from Amazon. Now, of course it will take me time to read the book. I am a slow reader, 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' took me nine days to read (well with breaks and work of course). I still haven't decided if I will post a review or not.

Also, I would like to say that is the FIRST time I have not spoiled myself before reading/watching something. Most movies or television shows, I find out as much information as I can before I watch it. For example, for the Buffy series finale I read the script online and saw spoiler-y pictures before I saw the episode. Now in this case, I haven't searched a thing, I haven't read the New York Times review, zlitch. Yes, this is a book, but it is just the same. I am so anticipating this and can't wait to read J.K.'s wonderful words. Oh also, I don't care if anyone dies and who dies. If they die, I am sure it is for a valid reason and it will all make sense. I think what is the best of stories like these is how it effects the characters in their cores. It is all about the journey. Fans have followed these characters from their prepubescent years to near adult age and they feel for these characters and want the best for them. What they went through, we have. What makes the best sci-fi story are these elements, what grounds it in reality.