Wednesday, February 28

Addison spin-offs well deserved but stirs jealously

Kate Walsh, who portrays Dr. Addison Montgomery is getting spinned off on a own series. Congrats to her. When news broke, "The rest of the cast seemed instantly resentful of [Walsh]," says a source, because they all thought they were going to get their own show. Dr. Grey herself, Ellen Pompeo, was especially unhappy, as she thought she should've been consulted. - AOL article here. I think they should have spinned her off earlier. I've grown to like her and believe she is integral to the series now. Other characters that are worthy to be spin-off are Callie and Joe the gay bartender. Most likely, Addison will be moving away because sources says the series won't be based in Seattle like the original.

Good news is that series creator and executive producer Shonda Rhimes brought it up and will be completely behind me. It surprises me because it sounds sort of flimsy and would have liked that the spin-off series would not be like medical. But some critics believe it would be like a 'Law & Order' or 'C.S.I.' franchise. Anyhoo, I think Kate is worthy of heading her own series.
Hopefully Dr. Steamy or Callie will make guest spots. While the drama behind the series has caused more gossip than the actual series, I hope that brickering dies out soon. One of my favorite critics, Matt Roush talks about his reactions on TVGuide.com.