Sunday, January 28

Mending the Blog Fire

Well here is my retraction, I unfortunately fell into the angry mob of bloggers that went on attacking Dr. Roselli from Oregon State University. Thanks to fellow blogger Jim Newman from OHSU, I was able to be clarified on the subject and gave some good reading. According to this NY Times article Newman sent me about Roselli clearing this up, "The researchers acknowledge that the sheep are killed in the course of the research so their brain structure can be analyzed, but they say they follow animal welfare guidelines to prevent suffering." But I still want to know how many animals went through this process and what were their previous condition. Okay, they just wanted to learn more, not look for a 'cure.'

say with a grain of salt. I admit that what I said in the last post without making more research was just carelessness and I apologize. I don't act like I'm all high and mighty news blog or anything anyway, I mean I post semi-nude men on my blog for god's sake! (Not that you can't take other blogs that do that seriously.) My point is that my blog is my bullhorn and at times I might be wrong, it's human and I know no one was accusing me of being wrong or whatever but maybe I feel semi-responsible for this current All these articles about the explosion of misinformation all mention PETA and tennis player Martina Navratilova. What I want to express on this post is that it is so silly how much bloggers have some form of power in journalism in the media these days. A lot of people don't consider them real journalists but most news come from them or about them or what has been going through the web. Perhaps the major news publications need to take what the bloggers say with a graind of salt. Maybe I feel responsible for this current outpour from bloggers.

And yes, I've bascially taken a break from translating all my blogs to Spanish. I might do it again, you never know.

Related Topic: Unlawful Treatment from Homophobes

Last blog I had in two languages: Welcome Mr. Beckham to America
The blog after that, was only in English: Jake Gyllenhall a delight on SNL