Wednesday, April 19

Rum and Joke

My favorite comedian Donald Rumsfeld is criticized by six retired generals that want him to retire. Then he got four other retired commanders to defend him. I say my favorite because he always says hilarious things at press time. Here are some thing he has said, provided by About.com:

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started."

"I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said."

Whats great is when he quotes other quotes:
"Well, um, you know, something's neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so, I suppose, as Shakespeare said."

I like it when he tries to sound smart:
"Learn to say 'I don't know.' If used when appropriate, it will be often."

"Don't 'over-control' like a novice pilot. Stay loose enough from the flow that you can observe it, modify, and improve it."

"
Don't say 'the White House wants.' Buildings can't want."

"
If you are not criticized, you may not be doing much."